CoWork Me COVID-19 Workplace Safety Plan
This plan outlines the steps required for CoWork Me to maintain the health and safety of the members and CoWork Me staff.
- Safety comes first: Keeping our staff and members of CoWork Me safe and well is our number one priority
- Wellbeing: By looking after our own wellbeing first and foremost during this transition we will be able to keep those around us healthy and well too. This then expands to the wider community.
- Align with National COVID-19 Safe Workplaces Principles and local state government guidelines.
- Maintain regular and proactive communication so members are aware of what CoWork Me is doing to create a COVID safe workplace.
All CoWork Me Members
|Personal Responsibilities||Regardless of work location, each CoWork Me member is responsible for the following:|
Keeping CoWork Me Open and Safe
Pet Policy at CoWork Me
Due to the current COVID-19 hygiene measures, CoWork Me will be implementing a “No Pet Policy” until further notice. In accordance with the RSPCA, the virus could be passed from person to person via a surface such as a dog or cat’s hair/fur, collar or lead (just as it could via the contaminated hand or clothing of a person). Because of this, we are unfortunately asking you to keep your pets at home until further notice. We understand that this may be an inconvenience, however, we are keeping all members, staff and visitors safe during this unknown time. If you have any questions, please let us know.
Actions to be taken if employee contracts COVID-19
In the event that a member of your team becomes infected with COVID-19, it’s crucial that CoWork Me follows strict protocol to stop the infection spreading to other members. To prevent incidents occurring, we need to strictly follow the above controls and make sure members are not coming into the office if feeling unwell. Below are the steps outlined for if a member is confirmed or suspected of contracting COVID-19.
After a confirmed case of COVID-19
According to SafeWork Australia, it is not a requirement to instantly close the office, however as CoWork Me is an open plan all staff and members will be required to Work From Home until further notice. This is to ensure thorough professional cleaning can take place. CoWork Me staff and members who may have been in contact with the confirmed case will be required to self isolate based on government advice.
Returning to work after recovering from COVID-19
CoWork me staff and members who have been isolated after having tested positive for COVID-19 can return to work when they have fully recovered and have met the criteria for clearance from isolation.This criteria will be determined by the public health authority or the employees treating clinician.
Even after recovering from COVID-19, people should continue to be diligent regarding hand hygiene and cough etiquette and practise social distancing.
Reducing the stigma
It is important members and CoWork Me staff support staff who are returning to work and workplace discrimination does not occur. We can take steps to reduce stigma around COVID-19 for those returning to work after a period of precautionary self-quarantine or illness. These include:
- Encouraging members not to make determinations of risk based on race or country of origin
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding staff members confirmed to have COVID-19
- Inviting members to discuss, in private, any concerns about COVID-19 in the workplace